Saturday, January 1, 2011

Light Reading

Hey its Tom again,
I've been reading up on the trail a little. I'm currently reading the book "Awol", it's about a middle aged guy quitting his job and hiking the AT. It's a really cool book and it's giving me a lot of things to think about. Namely the health aspect of the hike. Us boys are going to have to avoid any injury and illness we can, and focus on protecting our legs and feet.
I've also been looking at boots and sleeping bags, the two big things that we don't have. However we have our hiking bags, and I am planning on filling them up to a weight similar to what we will have on the trail. Then going out and doing some hikes. Another training proposition from a friend at the pool where I work. He said I should bring my pack in with me and hit the treadmill when I'm not working.
On another topic I've been thinking about possible trail names, but am having little luck in finding one.
-Thomas Zmyewski

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to our blog. Come and visit and get to know my crazy busy family. First there is me, Tammy, also known as the MOM. And then there is Hank-the Dad. We are the proud parents of 5 wonderful and wacky kids. In order of birth-Nicholas, Thomas, Benjamin, Eleanor, and Maxwell. We are a homeschooling family and we love to explore, travel, and create dynamic family traditions and rituals with our children.