Monday, May 16, 2011

Damascus

First off, Damascus Trail Days ROCKED!!! I am definitely coming back next year. We partied and hung out with all the people we'd met along the way, and also with some new friends.
    The parade was the funnest one I've ever participated in. It consisted of a huge water fight stretching from one end of main street all the way down to the other end. I had about 50 water balloons in my bag and they were gone halfway through.
    Other than the party, another great part was when I gave my back pack to the Osprey manufacture representatives to have it fixed, and they just gave me a whole brand new pack!
     I also found 3 packs of hot dogs yesterday that someone had left in a cooler for the leftover hikers to find, and on the way back to the fire pit I was hanging around, I also found ketchup.
    There was free food in quite a few places these last couple days, so I haven't touched my food bag this entire weekend.

posted by Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to our blog. Come and visit and get to know my crazy busy family. First there is me, Tammy, also known as the MOM. And then there is Hank-the Dad. We are the proud parents of 5 wonderful and wacky kids. In order of birth-Nicholas, Thomas, Benjamin, Eleanor, and Maxwell. We are a homeschooling family and we love to explore, travel, and create dynamic family traditions and rituals with our children.