Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Hotel

So currently I am sitting at the public library. The library is 5.9 miles away from the hotel :(..........However since the town is a tourist trap with a bunch of tourists(picture the most cheesy overweight tourists you can), they have a wonderful trolley system(thank God).
    People sometimes think "Oh you are walking over 2,000 miles whats 1 or 2 more." 1 or 2 more is a mental slap in the face....=P
    Ok well this library for one thing is really huge!! Also on another note, there is a library cat. \=O I think that is awesome!! My Dad gave told me I'm supposed to be learning about the town while I'm here. So when I get off the computer I think I'm gonna walk around and read everything about the town.
    The hotel that we are staying at is awesome, however we have made the room a complete pigsty oops. Yeah I told the maid to just clean tomorrow cause it was too much of a mess for her to clean up. Me and Ben(or if you are reading this mom)(Ben and I)will be cleaning up most of the room all by ourselves and packing tonight.
    Ok back to the trail. It's fun hiking, I can feel it getting easier and easier to haul my butt up the little hills(huge mountains). The food out here is great! Breakfast is normally: peanut butter, honey, and a carnations instant breakfast, and if I'm feeling spoiled I'll even make oatmeal! Lunch is ramen and some more peanut butter and honey. Dinner =D is all in one pot: first we make some noodles, then add the mash patatoes to it, some taco seasoning, and then some tuna!!! It is such a filling meal its not funny. Snacks have been: beef jerky, granola bars, sunflower kernals, and then some more peanut butter and honey.
    Hiking out on the AT is like going on a long extended family trip. Even if you only go by yourself, cause everybody looks out for each other and are generally kind spirited and happy. Theres only been a few people that have raised a few warning flags, but they turned out to be just like everyone else. Just a little bit more scary looking.
    The views are awesome, yet I'm slowly losing my awe for overlooks with distant landscapes, and slowly moving my view to what is closer and noticing things. Like how the sun comes through the trees casting rays of light everywhere, and with Ben hiking in front of me most times it would make an awesome picture. I think I took some with the camera(which to me since I'm used to a really nice nikon is piece of garbage, but it works it just has none of the custom settings im used to)When we send the camera card back my Mom will post them online.


-Well I think I've written enough for now,
                                                              Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Welcome to our blog. Come and visit and get to know my crazy busy family. First there is me, Tammy, also known as the MOM. And then there is Hank-the Dad. We are the proud parents of 5 wonderful and wacky kids. In order of birth-Nicholas, Thomas, Benjamin, Eleanor, and Maxwell. We are a homeschooling family and we love to explore, travel, and create dynamic family traditions and rituals with our children.